The House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology Republicans held a hearing on the role of federal research in establishing a robust U.S. supply chain of critical minerals and materials. They discussed the importance of developing a domestic supply chain to reduce dependence on foreign sources, especially in light of recent supply chain disruptions. The committee emphasized the need for increased federal funding and coordination to support research and development in this area. Contact information for the committee is provided.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What was the purpose of the Full Committee Hearing on Federal Research's role in the U.S. supply chain of critical minerals and materials?
Answer: The Full Committee Hearing aimed to assess the impact and importance of federal research in establishing and maintaining a robust supply chain for critical minerals and materials, which are essential for various industries and national security.
2. When did the Full Committee Hearing take place?
Answer: The hearing was scheduled for November 30, with one session at 10 AM and another at 2 PM.
3. Who conducted the Full Committee Hearing?
Answer: The House Committee on Science, Space & Technology, specifically the Republican members, conducted the hearing.
4. Can the public access the results or findings from the Full Committee Hearing?
Answer: Typically, public access to hearings and their results can be obtained through the official website of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, where transcripts or video recordings are usually posted.
5. Who were the witnesses at the Full Committee Hearing?
Answer: The specific list of witnesses for the hearing can be found on the Science, Space & Technology Committee's official website, though the exact names and affiliations were not listed in the search results provided.
6. Why is federal research important in establishing a supply chain of critical minerals and materials?
Answer: Federal research is critical in identifying new resources, improving extraction and processing technologies, and ensuring sustainable and economically viable supply chains for minerals and materials crucial to a country’s economy and security.
7. How can I find more information about the activities of the House Committee on Science, Space, & Technology?
Answer: More information about the committee's activities, including upcoming hearings and detailed reports, can be found on their official website, https://science.house.gov/.
8. Are hearings like this one common for the House Committee on Science, Space, & Technology?
Answer: Yes, the House Committee on Science, Space, & Technology regularly holds hearings to discuss and evaluate issues concerning their jurisdiction, which includes federal scientific research and development.
Remember, the provided answers are generated based on standard practices of legislative committees and may not reflect specific information provided in the search results. To confirm these details, please visit the relevant House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology's website or official congressional records.