Inplant operations are the activities that take place within a mining site, such as loading, unloading, weighing, sorting, storing and transporting of coal and other materials. These operations are essential for ensuring the quality and quantity of the output, as well as the safety and efficiency of the workers and equipment.
However, inplant operations also pose many challenges, such as:
- Manual and error-prone processes
- Lack of visibility and traceability
- High operational costs and wastage
- Delayed and inaccurate invoicing and payments
- Compliance and security risks
To overcome these challenges, Adani mines, one of the largest coal mining companies in India1, has partnered with traqo.io, an end-to-end logistics management platform that provides reverse auctions, sim-based tracking, invoicing & KPI dashboard2.
traqo.io helps Adani mines automate their inplant operations with QR code and scanner technology. QR code is a type of barcode that can store information such as product details, location, date and time. Scanner is a device that can read the QR code and transmit the data to a central system.
With traqo.io, Adani mines can:
- Generate QR codes for each coal truck or wagon entering or exiting the mine site
- Scan the QR codes at various checkpoints such as weighbridge, stockyard, dispatch point etc.
- Capture and record the data such as weight, grade, destination etc. of each coal truck or wagon
- Track and monitor the movement and status of each coal truck or wagon in real-time
- Generate digital invoices and payments based on the verified data
- Generate reports and analytics based on the data collected
By using traqo.io’s QR code and scanner technology, Adani mines can achieve:
- Automation and accuracy of inplant operations
- Visibility and traceability of coal movement
- Reduction of operational costs and wastage
- Faster and smoother invoicing and payments
- Compliance and security of coal transactions